CAPPA is the world’s largest childbirth professional organization offering the highest quality, comprehensive, evidence based training and certification programs. All CAPPA trainings offered by For Love of Baby are the first step in your certification as a CAPPA professional. www.cappa.net
CAPPA offers 2 options for becoming a lactation educator, the CLE, Certified Lactation Educator and the LE(C), Community Lactation Educator
The CLE-Certified Lactation Educator (the 20 Hour Course)
The purpose of the CAPPA lactation educator program is to provide childbirth professionals comprehensive training in breastfeeding education. When a candidate completes the certification program they will be qualified to teach, support, and educate the public on breastfeeding and related issues.
This course is also designed to meet the criteria for staff education for in support of BFHI. This course helps implement the WHO/Unicef Babyfriendly Hospital Initiative in the USA. (For more information about the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative visit: www.babyfriendlyusa.org) as well as designed to satisfy the Core Competencies in Breastfeeding Care and Services for All Health Professionals as outlined by the United States Breastfeeding Committee. View the USBC Core Competencies.
The LE(C)-Community Lactation Educator (16 Hour Course)
Specifically adapted for the provision of one to one breastfeeding support and counseling, this seminar introduces students to the fundamental concepts of lactation, and focuses on developing skills related to providing individual prenatal and postpartum breastfeeding referrals and support. It is also designed to satisfy the Core Competencies in Breastfeeding Care and Services for All Health Professionals as outlined by the United States Breastfeeding Committee. View the USBC Core Competencies.
Both the CLE and LE(C) Workshops offer the following components:
- Goals/Roles of the Lactation Educator
- Historical Look at Breastfeeding
- Anatomical, Physiological, & Hormonal Aspects of Lactation
- Benefits of Breastfeeding/ Hazards of Formula Feeding
- Ten Steps to Successful Breastfeeding
- Working with the Hospital
- Maternal/Infant Challenges
- Pumping/Expressing Breastmilk
- Medications and Mother’s Milk
- Fathers/Partners and Breastfeeding
- Teaching To Adult Learners
- Marketing Your Practice and more…
Upcoming Lactation Educator Trainings:
- For more information contact Laura Laura@forloveofbaby.com
or (828) 446-6705