Women have been giving birth naturally for ages and still do in most parts of the world. It only here in the United States where technology has made women feel they are no longer capable of birthing a baby without all the interventions commonly used, including the epidural. However, many women are finding that taking away all pain associated with childbirth does not necessarily bring a feeling of greater happiness with the birth. In fact, the opposite is oftentimes found to be true. A UK survey of satisfaction one year after the birth found that despite having the lowest self-rating for pain in labor (29 points out of 100), women who had given birth with an epidural were the most likely to be dissatisfied with their birth one year later.
With this in mind, Childbirth Education classes by For Love of Baby are designed to give you the knowledge and confidence you need to have a natural birth, along with the information to know when interventions are truly necessary and how to use them wisely.
For Love of Baby childbirth education classes are based on the principle that woman’s body is designed to give birth. This process is enhanced when the woman learns to work with her body.
Topics included are:
- Pregnancy and the related changes in the mother and growth of the baby
- How nutrition and exercise impact the development of the baby, the pregnancy and labor
- The facts about drugs and other procedures commonly used during pregnancy and labor
- The different stages of labor and how to recognize them
- Techniques and positions to assist in the body’s work during the different stages of labor
- Many useful techniques for alleviating any pain you do experience
- How the mother and father can work as a team
- Positive communication with your birth team
- Complications and Cesarean Section
The classes are fun and lively as well as educational. Questions and discussion are encouraged. Time is spent every week on relaxation practice and labor rehearsal.
Payment options are flexible and cash, check and credit cards are all accepted. Payment plans are available.
The next series of classes will be taught in Statesville on Monday nights November 12, 19, 26, and December 10 from 6 – 8:30 PM. Register here